Monday, July 31, 2006

It's hot here

Written July 20th

in a nutshell, my life is crazy busy. i really really would love to
hear how you all are doing- don't worry about filling my email inbox
with news because snail mail is amazingly slow here.

my host family in Bababe (where i am living until sep 7) is awesome. i
am learning the language Pulaar (which is a non written African
dialect) and my teacher doesn't speak English. it's crazy depending on
my French so much.

I sweat so much that I suck on bouillon (sp?) cubes to make up for the
lack of salt. my day is full of emotional ups and downs, coinciding
with the heat quite nicely. over 105, i am generally crabby, but mid
90s i am loving life.

i'm gonna send this now, in case my computer crashes. i love you all.

laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home