Thursday, August 10, 2006

Things I am Better At Than You -- 8/10/06

Things I am better at than you:

-ignoring multiple flies in and around my face, ears and mouth
-washing my thoroughly dirty clothes in a bucket with a bar of soap,
and actually cleaning them
-licking grease from my elbow to my arm...while staying in cultural norms
-shooshing away goats from the lunch "table" with the classic Pulaar
go away noise described best here as "giessh!"
-pretending to understand what is going on and being said (I am so
good at this that sometimes I convince myself even that I get what's
happening...and then my host family calls me out- "a famaani" or "you
don't understand").

Wish List:
If you are in the mood to send me a package, I recommend sending a
padded envelope with my name in red and draw crosses on the envelope,
so the whole thing appears official and religious. I am after all, in
an Islamic Republic.
Here are some items that I would appreciate and would be quite light to send:
-juice/drink mixes like gatorade, crystal light etc.
-sauce mixes that require just milk or water
-dessert mixes also requiring only milk or water
-pretty much anything that i can eat...keep in mind that some packages
take 3 months to get here
-Luna/Clif/Pria bars (these are a bit heavier, so may be more pricey)
-news clippings that are funny or important

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home