Monday, July 28, 2008

fooood


Jolly ranchers are amazing. I don’t even like hard candy at home but this sour apple flavor is so intense. It reminds me of lollipops at Bryan Park Pool, sticky and sweet while sitting in the shade by the pool. My fingertips almost feel pruny- I can almost smell the chlorine.

Banana cream pie, just add water, takes me back to summer camp. Giant cans of banana pudding, slopped into plastic bowls, slurped up amid the beginnings of a food fight.

Clif Bars chock full of vitamins that don’t exist here. Each bite is so hearty I can feel it clunk in my stomach.

Sardines. A food I couldn’t imagine eating in America, and when I realized I was eating it here (sometimes you don’t know until they tell you) I reacted with revulsion. And then I realized such compacted protein is magical. The energy from one tin is palpable in my blood and bones and I thank Allah for such a nutrient packed creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home