Saturday, September 23, 2006

Boooring

Wanted to apologize for the prevous several posts because they were long and well, long. I am going to make up for that with this top 5 list:

Top 5 Reasons to Visit me in Garly:

5. You can watch the sun rise with me after being woken up by the prayer call and the gazillion sheep, dogs and roosters that live right next to my hut
4. You would get the "visitor treatment" which entails all the important people in the village coming over to greet and drink milk. It's quite flattering, actually as I got to witness a fellow PCV's experience with it when she came to visit me.
3. I can teach you how to pull water from a well and then carry it in a bucket, on your head, up a hill. Doesn't sound fun? Oh it is, especially when everyone awake comes to watch you, expecting you to fall or spill the water everywhere.
2. We can climb the local "mountain" and gaze out over the river that divides Senegal and Mauritania...I won't take you in the river because it contains parasites that start to eat your organs before you have any symptoms of the parasite.
1. It's a great way to escape modern conveniences, luxuries, and any contact with the outside world whatsoever. You thought our Canada cottage was a vacation? The world could end and I wouldn't know it, in Garly.

So, please, you are all welcome any time- just ask for the toubab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home