Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh right, work

HOW I feel about starting work here: scared

WHY: Because no matter how hard I look there are no actual guidelines on how to improve the health and sanitation of an entire village. I googled it and everything...

WHERE I will go if things go as well as I think they will: home. By Christmas.

WHEN: Holy moly, I guess when I get up the guts to have a set time for learning

WHO: Hopefully someone will come to something I do

WHAT? In a nutshell, I am at a crossroads. My job is shifting from "integrate" to "do something great." I would be shaking in my boots if I was wearing sturdy apparel such as that, instead of these flip flops. Wish me "Bon chance"- I need it.

(I just like this picture.)

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Skip Mendler said...

Hi Laura! We just got a chance to view the blog and the Shutterfly site -- great stuff! We have a friend who was a PCV in Togo, she wanted your blog info - her name is Marileta, she works for Highlights for Children as a Senior Editor (she writes The Timbertoes these days). Also, one of the other teachers at Caroline's school, a Mrs. Olsommer, wants to teach in Africa someday. Caroline'e passing your info on to her.

Re your job.... From the pix, it certainly looks like dental health is *not* one of the issues there - why is that, d'ya think? Lack of excess sugar? High calcium in the diet? It'll be interesting to see what issues you find and decide to zoom in on.

Is there a strong storytelling tradition there?

Anyway - we're sending you lots of wishes for good luck, safety, and success!

Skip, Caroline, & Marietta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home