Saturday, April 21, 2007

My friend the butcher

I actually remember Moutar the butcher's name, which is rare in itself, but mainly because of its similarity to the word "mustard" in French.

For Thanksgiving I bought a couple of kilos of goat meat from Moutar. Every day since (count 'em, that's a lotta days) he asks if today is a "fete Amerique" and if I want to buy some meat.

I stopped by his house recently and almost walked into a camel head (stripped of its skin except for right around the mouth) that he was storing for purchase. The camel head was about the size of my thigh- merely hinting at the size of the mammal it had been earlier that day.

He says for my next fete he'll butcher another one just for me. I'm thinking about celebrating Mother's Day by chowing down on a couple pounds of camel...

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger samantha said...

i just love your sense of humor. rock that mother's day meal, you camel-eating amazing girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home