Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Senegal- where the grass is greener (really)

St. Louis Senegal. They have bars with live music, window shutters, public transportation, a tourism industry, paved roads...the list goes on and on.

There is also a beach with white sand and cold water.


I could literally feel the increase in the amount of infrastructure and money in Senegal as compared to Mauritania. There was also less racial clashing between the Arab population and the black African population that one sees in Mauritania.

You'd think that all of this would make Senegal appealing. The weird thing is that a patch of trash and sheep guts on the beach made me miss the mess that is my home.

The pics are of my pals: Kristen's walking back to our "camping hotel" on the beach. We all stayed under a giant tent. Ritesh is hanging in the first park I've seen in six months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home